Sunday, September 07, 2008

Old friends

So I looked up an old friend on Myspace and was about to leave him a comment ... but changed my mind about it. Why? Because I haven't talked to him in forever. I haven't left him a comment since his birthday I think. As I thought about what to say him, there was nothing I could think of that didn't come out awkwardly. Too much time has passed and we've gone our different ways. It's probably best if I just let the past go. We had good times in high school, but that was a long time ago. We had good times in college, but that was awhile ago. We've changed a lot since then. We're no longer the people we were. And I think we've changed too much to try to overcome it. Sad, but true. Just like I am realizing I really have to let go of some people from my past. One such person who has since disappeared out of my life. And I've come to realize that I have to let go of who this person was, because obviously it's not who he is now. I've come to realize that if he can walk out of my life without looking back, I guess I can go on through the rest of my life without looking back as well. I've come to realize that if he wants to completely disappear off the face of the earth, that I should probably let him.

But that doesn't mean I won't hold a few memories close to my heart.

No comments: