Thursday, February 02, 2006

Library Fine

Okay, you’d think that as a library student, I shouldn’t have any problems with returning library books on time, correct? WRONG. Some of my fellow classmates would certainly agree that library students are notorious for library fines. An example? When I was in sixth grade, I ran up at forty-sometime library fine. Guess what? I just broke my record. Apparently, I’m missing some books. So, guess how much my library fine is? 284. Yup. You read that correctly. It’s not 2.84 (if only), or 28.4, but it’s 284.00! GULP! Hopefully I can find those books. Umm… wait… has anyone seen those books? Actually, has anyone seen the state that my room is? Now try finding some library books in there.

I forgot to mention what happened. Okay, so for my history final, I had to write two papers. Let's not forget to mention that the paper topics were passed out around Thanksgiving, giving us plenty of time to do research. So what do I do? Wait until the last week to go to two libraries, check out like thirty books each. And guess what? I never did the paper. I didn't turn in the paper and still got a B in the class. Being busy and lazy, I take my sweet time returning my books. All my books to the Los Angeles Public Library get returned eventually, totaling a 7 dollar fine. No problem. It's easy to track online. However, I couldn't do that with my Glendale library books until today. I get a notice of my late fees, processing fees, and lost book fees. GULP!

3 comments:

MsPoppins20 said...

One word for you... wow. Try it backwards... wow. And upside down... mom.

Falling LEAVes said...

So, is the wow for the fine? or wow for the room?

LOL, I got the word "fine" during a game of taboo. So, I tried to get the girls to guess library "fine", but all Heidi could get was "fee." So, I tried, "what do you say when people ask you, 'how are you?' " That finally got them. Maybe I should have asked, "when you see a really hot guy, another word for it would be?"

MsPoppins20 said...

I was talking more about the room... but that is a pretty hefty fine you got going on there too.