Thursday, January 04, 2007

Bad start for a new year

Okay, so I haven't posted anything of importance in a long time because I didn't think it mattered or anyone paid attention to this thingy probably because I don't post anything of importance anyway. After the first few days of the new year, might as well post something. Even Chris has posted! Though ... it seems the blogging world has died down quite a bit.

To start off the new year we have new scratches on my car! Actually more than that. I scratched the passenger side and broke part of the driver side where the mirror is. Pictures down below. How did I do it, you ask? Well, I was backing out of my drive way last night and on the phone. Mind you, I've done this a million times ... though usually in broad daylight. Didn't realize I wasn't backing out straight till I heard the crunch of metal. I looked to my left and saw my rearview mirror had caught the fence! Boy oh boy. I pulled forward to straighten my car and hit something on the side of the house. So now my car has a piece of it broken off and new scratches.

On top of that, the other day a customer got really mad at me. She kept glaring at me every time she saw me. Before I went on my break, she asked me in a demanding tone to put her things in a fitting room. I come back twenty minutes later and get stuck on the register. She comes out, asks me where her clothes are, is very accusatory. I tried to calm her down, but she wouldn't have none of it. We found her things on a rolling rack. She went back into the fitting room, came back out later (all this time I was at the register still) and told my manager, "I think there's something wrong with the girl who's helping me." She said she had a skirt in her room and it wasn't there anymore. She said something about it was hard enough to look for something the first time around and she didn't want to look for things a second time. Mind you... the entire time she had been in the fitting room, I had NEVER gone in and taken anything out.

So yeah, not having a great start to this new year. Plus, I almost got into like two car wrecks today. One was my fault, the other ... the car in front of me abruptly stopped when we heard sirens but didn't see anything. I heard the sirens and looked to see if I could pull over to the right in case they were coming our way. Next thing I know, I'm hitting my brakes so I wouldn't hit the guy in front of me. My steering wheel turned completely, something it has never done before. I swear, I thought I felt like I was gonna lose control of my car. The road was slick because it had just started raining like an hour ago. Grrr... I told Nina I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the year I ended up in some huge car wreck. She joked about the end of the week.






1 comment:

MsPoppins20 said...

I totally feel ya on the car stuff, Linda! It seems like lately even though I have been paying attention to MY driving, others aren't paying attention to THEIR driving and it seems like I am going to die soon if this trend continues. For instance, just last night I was driving home from work and it was rainy and dark, but I was driving a stretch of road that I have driven COUNTLESS times, so I knew exactly where I was going. All of a sudden, there was a car, in my lane, headlights staring me in the face. It happened so fast that I didn't even have time to get the adrenaline rush going. Thankfully, he quickly swerved back to his own lane. I think it was just the Lord protecting me from a head on collision at 40 miles an hour that would have been in no way my fault. Needless to say, I was immensely happy to get home safe and sound.