Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tonight's Episode of Criminal Minds

After watching the Dodger game for about an hour and a half, I knew I wasn't going to watch the last half. As soon as nine o'clock hit, I was changing the channel. "Criminal Minds" came on at nine. The way the Dodger game was going, I wasn't going to miss much. Boy was I right. When "Criminal Minds" ended, the Dodgers were batting in the top of the ninth inning ... down five to zero. Matt Kemp was up to bat ... he was the only Dodger to get a hit in the game. A single. What does he do? Draws a walk. So, Loney comes up with Matt on and two outs. What does he do? He strikes out swinging.

Back to "Criminal Minds"... really good episode tonight. Breaking it down, the opening scene was INTENSE. Definitely something you don't want your young children seeing. Really. Didn't see that coming in the opening scene. Anyone else watching the show think the actor who played the doctor (psychiatrist) looks like Casey Blake?
Bjorn Johnson
Casey Blake

Wish I could find better examples. But when I saw the actor, I really did think he looked like Casey Blake. And then when the unsub finds his dad, he's watching a baseball game. I'm curious to what games he was watching. The one in the flashback and the one in the present. Did this episode remind anyone of the movie "Changeling" with Angelina Jolie? Anyone see the parallels? Unsub kidnaps kids with the help of his kid. Takes kid to his place. Kills kid. Makes his kid help. Repeat. The case does sound a lot like the Wineville Chicken Coop Murders.

I can't wait to see next week's episode, featuring William Sadler. I love William Sadler, ever since I saw him play Sheriff Valenti on "Roswell". Unfortunately, I won't be home watching the show. Hopefully. Where will I be? GAME ONE of the National League Division Series!!!!!

No comments: