Saturday, February 08, 2014

Fads

Remember when everyone had a blog and posted regularly? I know I dropped off the blogosphere years ago. In light of recent events, and smart phones and a blog app, I may have to jump back into blogging. Like I said once before, I forget how much I enjoy writing. It's one of my dreams to be a writer one day. Not sure what kind of writer and if I have anything worth reading.

I do admit, I go through fads and phases. Some last longer then others. Some are very short. Like I've admitted recently to our new pastor, I am a bit obsessive compulsive.

There was the Newsboys fad. I bought almost all of their albums within a one year span, at the time anyway. The Snoopy and peanuts gang phase, which still lingers. The love stories book series phase. Then I ran out of shelf space. The lakers phase didn't last very long. That was in the early 2000s. There was the lord of the rings phase. Like I said, I went through lots of phases.

And of course, the Dodgers phase. That lasted much longer than I expected. Don't get me wrong, I'm still in it and still a huge fan. But it's definitely reached it's peak for now. The peak was probably 2009 - 2011. I made since great lifelong friends who I consider to be my Dodger family.

Not sure what phase is next. Right now I don't have the time or energy for another phase. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: