Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Update

I guess I haven't been posting much. Let's see. Show of hands here... how many of you heard our big news recently? Brother Darry is retiring and our new pastor is gonna be Brother Byron Parker. News of this possibility of Brother Darry retiring leaked out a couple months ago, but of course I kept my lips tight on that. Here, with March almost being over I thought we were in the safe zone. Brother Alan announced this news on Sunday night.

Also, I tried all week to find a way to get up to Portland for Jay's wedding this weekend. Sister Berda tried to call me last week, so I called her. Apparently, they sent me an invitation but it got returned to them because they had the wrong address or something. I mentioned this to Juan the other day and he asked me, "who do you know?" He was surprised I was invited. So was I! Nina was surprised I wasn't. I think Roxie was too. Anyway, with no way to get up to Portland, I will be working when the couple says their "I do's." However, if anyone does go, please take lots of pictures! I can't wait to see if anyone will have pictures from the wedding. Too bad Diane couldn't go. There'd be lots of pictures then!

No comments: