Friday, January 07, 2011

Where did 2010 go?

Wow, has it really been that long since I last wrote in here??? Okay, so I know better than to write an entry at 2 o'dark in the morning. I'll try to keep it positive.

It is now 2011. I have been unemployed for a full year now... numerically speaking. Well, so to speak. I did some work for a friend, baby sat and picked up another friend's kid, did a short-term internship... oh yeah and did some office work for a professional sports photographer!

This past Christmas, I received a little note from two different friends in their Christmas cards. The notes told of what God did for them in 2010 and how God has blessed them. One of them talked about moving back home and the different things she's done and tried since then. The other mentioned many of God's blessings, including seven new babies in their church. SEVEN! Speaking of babies... off the top of my head I think I know or at least know of seven babies who will be born (and one already arrived) in 2011. There's Baby Hetrick born on Sunday, Baby Sule due later this month, Baby Blake due in February, my cousin's former boss is expecting a baby soon as well, Baby Jensen due in May, another baby due in June, and two more in July. Is it too early to know about babies due in August? And there are wedding bells in the not too distant future. Just not sure when yet the the Jensen-McCarville wedding will take place.

When I look back over 2010, the one thing that stands out me is God's infinite grace and mercy. He provided a job or source of income every time the previous one ended. He provided wonderful friends who were generous with more than they should have been. I pray that I can one day be able to be just as generous towards them and others in situations like the one I am in now. I am so thankful for the people and friends God has put in my life.

Who knew one small conversation in February was going to lead to an amazing work opportunity in the fall? Who knew what great friendships could be born out of something as silly as a Wolf mask/hat?

I've given up on New Year's Resolutions. They don't work. You forget about them almost as soon as you write them down. I've had the same New Year's Resolution for the last six or eight years. I don't remember how long. I wasn't asking to lose weight or make a million dollars. All I was asking for was a single date, a single kiss. Another year came and went and nothing. Don't get me wrong. I'm not looking for Mr. Right. I'm in no place right now to be ready for Mr. Right. I just wish I could get to the point where I was ready to start looking. All I'm asking for is a little tiny shred of hope.

No comments: