Monday, August 24, 2009

Is it plagiarism when...

You copy and paste something out of wikipedia onto your own blog???


I was checking some blogs that I follow and I noticed this one blog mentioned Matt Kemp's monster homerun on Saturday. The blogger then posted this:

Willie Stargell is the only person to ever hit two home runs out of Dodger Stadium. His first was a 506 foot bomb off of pitcher Alan Foster on August 5th 1969, and the other was a 470 foot shot off of Andy Messersmith on May 8th 1973.

It wasn't for over 30 years before Mike Piazza became the second player and only Dodger (until yesterday) to ever hit a home run out of the park. On September 21st 1997, Mike Piazza hit a 478 foot home run off of San Francisco Giant pitcher Mike Lansing.

July 17th 1998, Mark McGwire hit the longest home run at 511 ft over the right field pavilion at Dodger Stadium against pitcher Brian Bohanon.


Now, I thought I've heard Vin Scully said there were five players or five times that a homerun has been hit out of Dodger Stadium. Or was it the loge level? I may be wrong. So, I started searching the web for an answer. I found this on wikianswers posted by Smokefan21. Unless Smokefan21 and the blogger are the same people, I found it interesting that it was word for word except for one little insert the blogger added ...

Willie Stargell is the only person to ever hit two home runs out of Dodger Stadium. His first was a 506 foot bomb off of pitcher Alan Foster on August 5th 1969, and the other was a 470 foot shot off of Andy Messersmith on May 8th 1973.

It wasn't for over 30 years before Mike Piazza became the second player and only Dodger to ever hit a home run out of the park. On September 21st 1997, Mike Piazza hit a 478 foot home run off of San Francisco Giant pitcher Mike Lansing.

July 17th 1998, Mark McGwire hit the longest home run at 511 ft over the right field pavilion at Dodger Stadium against pitcher Brian Bohanon.

Coincidence? I'll leave that up to you. I didn't say who the blogger was, for anonymity sake. But this blogger also takes photos from the web and posts them on the blog without giving credit to the where it came from. If this blogger ever takes one of my photos without permission, you better watch out!

[And yes, I did copy and paste this DIRECTLY from my other blog ... but I won't get mad at myself for copying and pasting my own stuff]

No comments: