Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Same Old, Same Old

I know since baseball season started, my blog has been neglected of late. And anytime I get on here, it's usually baseball talk and nothing but baseball talk. Looking back, I'm amazed I only had ONE entry in June. Wow. That was also the month where I went to nearly every Dodger home game, and I was sick for about two/three weeks. I think it was the flu. I had a temperature and the energy sucked out of me. Since then... let me do a quick summary.

July: Other than baseball games ... it was my last month of work. Our last day was supposed to be August 1st. Then it got moved up a few days when we only had a couple of racks of merchandise left by the last week.

Since being unemployed, I've done nothing much other than going to baseball games. I was telling friends the other day that I couldn't remember the last time I had fast food. Because now, I only leave the house to pick up family (mom and brother mostly), go to church, or go to games (well baseball related things, but I just said games knowing how they felt about that). It's true. I haven't been getting out much. I went out a little more last week to get my laptop and things for it. Other than that, I've been at home. The first week after being out of work, I was still waking up around ten or so. After that, my nocturnal habits kicked in, along with getting up even later. Is it redundant to call myself a night owl? Is there such a thing as a day owl?

Guess since not too many people comment on here, I'm never sure how many people read this thing. LOL, okay, other than Roberto who has admitted to reading my blog.

I'll try to keep the rest of this short. I don't like to be up and writing at three in the morning because everything seems doom and gloomier at three in the morning. Maybe that's when T.J. Simer and Bill Plaschke write their articles. At three in the morning, that's things seem more hopeless and the antidepressants have worn off. Just kidding about the antidepressants. I'm not on any. Long story short? Even though I love being single. I love being independent. I love being to do things as a single woman ... I am lonely. There. I said it. It may not be there long. But I said it. It doesn't happen very often. Usually more so after I read another silly romance novel where the two main characters always fall in love in a matter of days or weeks. At this point, I'm not even sure what love is sometimes. Even more so... I start to wonder if it's even possible. For me, I mean. I guess that's part of the reason why I am so fanatical about the Dodgers. It's something for me to focus on. So I don't have to notice this nagging little hole in my heart. A hole that I don't want to be there. That I don't want to know is there. A hole I try to cover up. A hole that only opens up at three in the morning.

1 comment:

Roberto Baly said...

I'm sure with school coming up and the pennant race heating up, you will be busy!