Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My trip so far

If you didn't know, right now I'm sitting behind my cousin's computer in North Carolina. Wow, there really isn't much to do. So let me start at the beginning. My dad took me to the airport at 9, considering my flight left just a little before midnight. He shelled out 100 bucks so he could send two boxes to NC. First he paid 50 because i could only check two items, and I had a suitcase. Then they charged him 25 per box because they were over the weight limit. So by the time eerything was done and I made it to my gate, it was like 9:45. So I found an electrical outlet because my phone was practically dead. Plugged it in and talked to Sherisse and Nina. When I finally boarded my flight, the flight was fuller than it was when i checked. There were people sitting behind me. It was a man with two kids. One was like a baby, mebbe a year. So she cried in the middle of the night. I slept like maybe an hour and half or so. There was no one sitting next to me, so I got to stretch out. But I couldn't recline my seat cuz there were people behind me. The person in front of me tried to recline her seat till she realized i was behind her. So we landed in Atlanta a little before 7 EST. I walked past a starbucks but didn't realize there wasn't a Starbucks in the terminal I was going to. I was going to Terminal C, but there wasn't a starbucks there. Since I had a three hour layover, I walked to Terminal D to get something then went back to C. Time went by in a blur cuz it was early and I was tired. Probably jet lagged too cuz it was 4 AM LA time. Finished my starbucks. Did who knows what. Got something at Seattle's Best and then boarded my plane at ten. Now that plane was much nicer! Plus, I was in row 10 and there wasn't a single person behind me. The flight attendant asked me if I'd like the rest of hte can of hte coke she had to open for me, but I declined. I would've said yes, but I couldn't hold anymore liquids at that point. The flight was about 35 minutes. My uncle picked me up. One of the air crew told us one of the boxes was "comprimised" back in Atlanta. It broke and there was food everywhere. We got our boxes and it was one of hte jars of pickled mangos. So everything stunk. We drove back to Asheville, passing through Hendersonville so he could go to the bank. We even passed Talbots! I wished we could've stopped cause man I need another pair of pants. I only packed two and uh the one I wore got "comprimised."

When we got to Brevard, we went to the restaurant to drop of the two boxes. I changed my pants and said hi to whatever relatives I could find. We went to the house where I showered. My aunt and uncle left to do something at the DMV. I was bored out of my mind. I didn't want to turn on my cousin's computer because I didn't know if there was a password required or not. and plus... it felt kinda weird because i felt like i should ask for permission first. Weird, right? So I watched whatever I could find on TV, played my cousin's DS... then finally my cousins came home. From there, we went to my other cousin's house. That was about it yesterday. Hehe as soon as I can, I'll post with some pictures. I haven't taken too many yet.

As for today, since I only got about an hour and half sleep on hte plane yesteday, I caught up on my sleep today. I didn't get up till Nelson (my cousin) came home. That's when I got up showered, and discovered my bruise. See blog entry below for that. My aunt came home and asked me why I didn't go to the restaurant today to help. Hehe I needed sleep. I was so tired. So I got ready and went to the restaurant around five. Hehe I went to the cash wrap and there HE was. Well, he wasn't at the cashwrap. He was behind the grill like he always was. But then he disappeared for awhile. He never looked at me or said anything to me. Oh well. Maybe he doesn't remember me after all. But his brother does. Alex came up to the cashwrap and said hello and "como estas" like he always did when I was here last time. He was always saying hola, como estas. He asked me if I remembered him. And I did the same thing I did last time I was here. I thought he was his brother. Oops. I felt so embarrassed. But I did remember his name. I just mixed him up with his brother again. Hehe I still think Pime is pretty cute. That's about it.

I think I'll probably be blogging more here than I did back in LA. There's nothing else to do. Man, I'm craving a white chocolate mocha right now. Then again. I have been all day.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

You poor thing, no starbucks! What is a girl to do without her White Chocolate Mocha?? Have you gotten one yet? Mmmm that sounds really good right now!

Falling LEAVes said...

Yesterday on the way to my aunt's house, we stopped at the Ingles (its a grocery store) to go to Starbucks. Got myself a Venti white chocolate mocha. Then today, I went with my cousin to Target. They had a Starbucks too. So I got the same thing, but iced. They charge tax at the starbucks here. Rats.