Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!

As I was leaving work the other day, my boss asked me what I was doing for Christmas. I told her that I was spending it with Nina's family. She said, "awww, you're family doesn't celebrate Christmas, either?" I know, we've gone over this before. How my family doesn't celebrate anything. At least I have Nina's family to celebrate things with. We had dinner on Christmas Eve with Nina's extended family as well. That being the family that sponsored Nina's mother when she first came to the states. They're family to them too. We had dinner and then played some games. We played Cranium (me & Nina vs Harold & Dominic vs Jonathan & Justin). It was a close game between Nina & I and Jonathan & Justin. Harold & Dominic were behind for awhile and then caught up. We also opened presents. I wasn't expecting much. Well, I got more than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised. I usually don't expect anything for Christmas. After Cranium, we played a game of Mafia. Jonathan wanted to play so I narrated instead. It was hilarious. During the night phase of the game, you're not supposed to say anything. Jack, however ... forgets that part of the game. When he got the "medic" card ... he's supposed to point to the person he's supposed to save. However, he'd forget ... and say the person's name instead. Of course, that gave away his card and told everyone he was the medic. After mafia, Jonathan, Nina, Harold, and I played a game of Spoons.

After Spoons, Jonathan, Nina, Harold, and I settled down and played a game of Risk. It took us about three hours to play it. It was the first time for Jonathan. We taught him how to play. And he ended up winning. Not only did he finish his missions ... he controlled Australia, Asia, Europe, and Africa ... in that order. We didn't up going to bed till almost two in the morning. Like I said, it was a long game. But it was still fun.

No comments: