Thursday, January 24, 2008

Criminal Minds - 3rd Life

So, I was watching an episode of Criminal Minds (3rd Life, aired January 16th) and I had to stop in the middle of watching it. Why? A very familiar location just appeared. The Alex Theatre. When in the world did they film at the Alex Theatre??? What and where is this Alex Theatre, you may ask? It's in Glendale, just around the corner from where I work! In fact, I drove by it the other night to get to the freeway to go to Nina's. I think that's kinda funny since they just recently filmed an episode of Criminal Minds (True Night) just down the street from my house. The Alex Theatre is a really fancy theatre. I've only been to it a few times. The first time was for a Last Supper type service with the Jehovah Witnesses. Why? Long story. The second and most recent time was a couple years ago, I saw that the Alex Theatre was having a showing of "The Princess Bride". My friend Leah and I went. I love "The Princess Bride". We showed up early, went to Starbucks, and went back to the theatre. They had a string quartet entertaining the audience before they let people into the theatre. They also had costumed characters. In fact, one of them was going to show the crowd how to curtsy. They chose two unsuspecting young ladies from the crowd to help them, by the names of Princess Leah and Princess Linda. Well, Leah and I had to finish our drinks before we went inside the theatre. No drinks allowed. Before the movie, they had all the little kids who showed up in costumes walk across the stage. They showed a Bugs bunny cartoon I think (it's been awhile so I don't remember). It was AWESOME to see "Princess Bride" on the big screen. The entire audience applauded Inigo gets his revenge on Count Rugen, and the moment when Westley stands up and says "Drop ... your ... sword." Coincidentally ... the actor (Mandy Patinkin) who played Inigo in "The Princess Bride" also played the character of Gideon on "Criminal Minds".

No comments: