Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Apparently I suck at my job ...

I've been trying to not think about this the last couple hours. The Dodger game was a GREAT distraction. But here I am ... at two in the morning ... and thinking about my job. And according to the numbers ... I suck at my job. The truth? You tell me. Customers are always telling me how great I am, how helpful, what a good job I'm doing ... then I get told that it's not enough. It's enough to make me want to cry. My boss wants to know what she can do, what I can do, what we can do to get me to do better. And I don't have a clue. Be more aggressive? I don't know. That's not me. I'm not the aggressive kind of person. I don't know. I'm just glad I have tomorrow off... then another Dodger game, then work, then another day off (plus another Dodger game).

Then on top of this ... I dropped my phone in water today. Not going into further detail other than that the phone is no longer working. Bye bye pictures. Bye bye sound files. It took me about an hour to find my previous phone. At least the sim card still works. AND then when I put the card in, I see my brother texted me at 10:30 to tell me that my dad wanted me to come home. I am tired of this bull that I am expected to be home by ten ... I don't even get out of work till TEN sometimes. It's times like these that I wish I could fast forward five years and HOPE that I am still not in the same situation. If in five years I have not moved out or be in a successful career where I am making more than what I am now (which isn't much) ... can I at least have gone on my first date? Or have my first kiss? First boyfriend???? I'm not asking to be married in five years ... but at least some kind of hope that I am not repulsive to the opposite sex.

Okay. No more posting. It's two a.m and bordering on super-depressing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How old are you? From your pictures you seem way too young to be so depressed. Don't worry about your job...if you're not that great at it I'm sure one day you will find a career that suits you and that you will excell at...
It's my birthday today. Everybody needs to be happy today. And the Dodgers need to win!!!