Thursday, May 24, 2007

Absolutely frustrating

It's 3 AM and I'm still up. And on top of that ... my family is driving me nuts.

There's a trash can full of well, trash, and no one has emptied it for days. WHY?

There are ants everywhere, and does anyone do anything about it? Okay, well, not everywhere. Just the bathroom and the living room and the kitchen. Before, they were just on the table, especially if someone left food out. They were all over the sink. Now they're around the fridge, too!

There are dirty dishes in the sink.

The floor needs to be vacuumed.

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE IN THE HOUSE WHO CAN DO ALL OF THIS BESIDES ME????

Seriously. First thing I do tomorrow after I get off work is go to Target and find me the biggest can of ant-killer they've got. Who knows if I'll do the dishes or vacuuming because I have laundry to do, too. As for the trash, I usually leave that up to the boys. Then again, why should I leave it to the boys? THEY NEVER DO ANYTHING BUT SIT ON THEIR LAZY BOTTOMS IN FRONT OF THEIR COMPUTER SCREENS PLAYING THEIR COMPUTER GAMES ALL DAY!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY. I have two guys at home, my 14 year old brother and my 20-year-old cousin and they do the same thing. THEY SIT AT THEIR COMPUTER AND PLAY GAMES ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT. The only time they break away is to eat and sleep. And guess who gets the food for my brother to eat during the day? Usually that's me. All I ask is that he takes out the trash and help a little bit. But nooo... somewhere between going to work and trying to manage my own life I have to try and manage this household. Not going to happen guys. First of all, this isn't even my household to manage. Second of all, why should I fall under the double standard of girls have to do all the housework? Good thing they don't expect me to do all the cooking because then we have a very limited menu. Then there's my parents. My dad goes to work, comes home, sleeps and watches TV. I understand that he works long hours, but my job can be tough, too. So why is it expected of me to vacuum the house, take out the trash, do the grocery and house supply shopping, wash the dishes, and do the laundry????

Somebody shoot me and put me out of my misery.

Or better yet, can Russell come in knight's armor and rescue me and sweep me off my feet? Okay, I'll settle for his catcher's gear and he can still sweep me off my feet.

No comments: