Thursday, May 24, 2007

What a day...

That seems to be the thing, huh? First, I got called and asked to stay to close. I was supposed to work 2 - 8, but then the closer called out, so I needed to stay. And as I'm going through the parking lot, this lady pulls out around this car and nearly hits me! When I got there, it was just me and Joyce. Julio was supposed to come in, I guess, at 3:30. But he didn't. So, it was just me and Joyce. We couldn't get a break today, I guess. People were still coming in, even as it got closer and closer to closing. Even when I went to close the door, this lady walked in. When she saw I was closing the door, of course she left. I went over the whole store to make sure it was recovered and then took out the trash. WELL while I was going through the fitting room trash baskets, guess what I discovered? Another one with an unknown substance in it, that was pale yellow, and smelled. Yuck! This time I had to throw it out, and it was heavier than I expected.

Then after I left ... I was driving down the main street and I see this car in the other lane in the opposite direction without their headlights on. Now, I'm thinking, in this day and age, most new cars have automatic lights, don't they? I know mine do. I know my dad's and Sherisse's don't. I did the right thing and let the guy know his headlights weren't on. But it did make me wonder. Because, like I said, my headlights are automatic. As soon as I put the brake down, they come on. I don't even know how to turn them off.

Onto the freeway. I was driving in my lane, minding my own business, when the car in the lane next to me and in front ... I see something come flying out of their car. I wonder to myself, "was that a shoe?" Next thing I know, thunk! Yup. It was a shoe. Because the other one just came flying out the window and hit my car. It hit just below my car, thank goodness. It was probably some little kid in the backseat. I'm just glad I didn't get into a car wreck. Hopefully it didn't do any damage to my car. After all, it was just a shoe. I think. It was dark. I was driving. How am I supposed to know if it was a shoe or not?

No comments: