Tuesday, May 01, 2007

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Okay, it's a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad morning. It's not even ten yet.

On a scale on one to ten, with ten being awesome ... today is wavering between a .5 and a 1.

How is that possible?

Where do I start?

How about having four tickets to tonight's Dodger game, and from the get-go, I couldn't find a fourth person? I asked about half a dozen friends, not a single taker. When I finally find someone to take the fourth spot, my number 2 person drops out on me. Now I'm back to finding someone and it's even harder now!

Then there's the Dodgers getting hammered yesterday. You don't even want to know the score.

Let's move onto this morning. I got up early to go to work to get coffee. When I get to work, I park in the closest spot I found. NEXT TO A VERY CROOKEDLY PARK vehicle. It wasn't even a little car either. It wasn't an SUV, but it's the size in between. Not wanting to climb over the passenger seat, I squeezed through the small opening left. OUCH! It was a very tough squeeze. Anyway, I go to Gloria Jean's and BeBo (aka Juan) isn't even there today. The manager was there. Apparently he switched his shift with Jose. I get my coffee and a bagel. Me thinks they forget to apply my mall employee discount. I dunno.

I go to work, with ten minutes to eat my bagel which wasn't toasted all the way. Oh well. They never toast the bagels all the way. Tracy used to ask them to leave it in the toaster longer. About two minutes till nine, Anahit shows up. We're confused. Which one of us is opening? Mariam shows up. We go in. Check the schedule. I don't come in till four. I just checked my schedule. It says 11 - 4. Where did I get the 9 - 2 from? I'm confused. It's been a horrible morning. So I go back to my car, and unfortunately, buddy next to me hasn't left yet. So, instead of painfully squeezing into the car, I just climbed in through the passenger seat.

With two hours (okay, hour and a half to kill), I didn't want to get back on the freeway and drive the fifteen minutes to get back home. Since I was working till four, I decided to go to the bank and deposit the money my parents gave me to pay some bills. Well, guess what? Even that couldn't go right! The lady in front of the lady in front of me was pain. She wanted to withdraw some money, a large amount, in small bills, in an exact amount. That took forever. Then when it was my turn, one of the bills my mom gave me is a possible counterfeit!!! They couldn't tell if it was real or not. SO they're gonna send it to the secret service and I won't find out for two months if it's counterfeit or not. If it's counterfeit, I'm out of a hundred dollars. If it isn't, they'll credit my account the hundred dollars. And I won't find out for at least eight week. At least. It took me forever to get out of the bank.

Since I wasn't going to get off work till four, I decided might as well run home, shower, and grab everything so I can just go to Kevin's from work. Hehe still no blanket, but I said as much. I didn't really expect anything to come of yesterday's fun morning wake up call. My computer took forever to get up and running, and even then the web pages weren't working correctly at first. I set my mocha down by the printer and guess what? My giant sketchbook slides off and knocks that over. Later I discovered that when my drink got knocked over, my straw broke. Well, it got a crack in it. So, when I tried to drink my mocha, I had to squeeze the crack together so it would't be like drinking my mocha through a coffee straw.

Anyone ever heard of the children's book, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day? That's kinda what's going on right now. I wouldn't be surprised if it starts pouring! Well, it's just supposed to be partly cloudy most of the day. Wouldn't it be my luck if a thunderstorm started and I get struck by lightning? Knock on wood.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh dear Linda....I hate days like that. The kind where you wish you could have stayed in bed all day without a care in the world to bother you. So now it's 4 and I think you're at work, or at least according to your blog you should be at work. Hows the weather looking down there?? Any thunderstorms yet??