Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hot Water

So... our hot water heater busted yesterday morning. Not only did we have absolutely NO hot water in our house ... but there was half an inch of water in the laundry room. And if you know me, I take HOT showers. I do not take cold showers unless it's like 110 degrees ... inside the house. So, I improvised. I heated up hot water on the stove to do the dishes. But there was no way I could heat enough water (nor had I have anything large enough) to take a bath. Could you imagine trying to fill a bath tub with hot water??? This morning, we got our heater replaced. But the guy didn't show up till around ten. Then he had to leave to get a new one. I knew there was no way it would be replaced in time for me to shower to go to work. So, I went to Nina's.

This reminded me of our old apartment that we lived in when I was a kid. Our hot water heater would go out ... and we would have to relight it. Then when we moved into this house, we had no hot water on our first night. I still remember washing the dishes with freezing cold water.

No comments: