Sunday, January 18, 2009

Still no voice

Well, actually, I do have a voice. It's just a certain range. Like if it get's high pitched, then I get squeaky. I'll give it a week to get back to normal. If it doesn't, then I guess I'll have to go to a doctor.

Speaking of voices... Daniel got to open up testimonies at church tonight. He mentioned that even though he doesn't always get to go to church on Sundays, he's thankful for Christian radio stations. It reminded me of the two months I spent in North Carolina a few years ago when I didn't have a church to go to while I was visiting my family. And I also didn't have anyone to take me to church. It reminded me of this awesome Christian radio station that I was listening to while I was there. It was one of the best radio stations I ever heard. You would think that living in L.A. that we would have lots of great Christian stations right? After all, we have tons of diversity. Apparently it doesn't apply to the radio waves. Because we only have two Christian radio stations. And one of them doesn't always get the greatest reception. So we have one and a half radio stations sometimes. We've got the Fish, that plays the same songs over and over. It's mostly praise and worship songs. It also plays a lot of older songs. Then we've got Air1, that comes and goes depending on where you are. It has a lot of great new stuff, but it's mostly Christian alternative music. I loved that other station and KLOVE because they were sort of in the middle. They played praise and worship music, alternative, and things in between. I liked them because they were inspirational as well. It's been a few years now. I can't seem to remember the name of the radio station. I'll find it. It was like 106.9 or something like that ... in North Carolina, mind you. It was funny. After I returned home, a customer asked my cousin, "what happened to the nice young girl who was always listening to the Christian radio station?" Then my cousin told her that I went home.

No comments: