Saturday, April 28, 2007

AWESOME DOUBLE PLAY!!!! BY RUSSELL MARTIN!!!!

Okay, so Russell didn't get a hit today. But he did get a DOUBLE PLAY!!! What's the big deal? As far as Vin knew, that was the first time he's ever seen that happened. Anyone else can think of something like that? Sure, there was LoDuca tagging out Kent and Drew at home plate, which happened another time before. BUT... was there anything like this?

Runner at third gets caught between home and third in a pickle. Pitcher throws the ball to third baseman, third baseman throws the ball to the catcher, who tags out the runner. THEN he proceeds to go after the runner who was in between second and third to TAG him out as well because he couldn't go back to second. There was already another runner there. Giving the catcher a DOUBLE PLAY. Ok, so I haven't been following baseball very long. Anyone else can think of a) an unassisted double play, b) a catcher doing the unassisted double play, c) a catcher doing the unassisted double play in the infield away from homeplate? LOL I was jumping like crazy when that happened. Then made some phone calls. Out of the three people I called, only one of them was watching the game. ONLY ONE of them saw the UNASSISTED DOUBLE PLAY.

Anyway, on a more serious note... today has been quite an interesting day. On a scale of one to ten, ten being great ... today was like a 2.5 or 3. On top of everything this morning ... today's my sister's 21st birthday. Did I call her to wish her a happy birthday? Sadly, no. Unfortunately, our relationship is as strained as say ... Jacob and Esau, when Jacob stole Esau's birthright. We're at the point in our lives where we've pretty much gone our separate ways and have nothing to do with each other. Sad, but true. Do I wish things were different? Absolutely. Is there anything I can do to change things? I wish I knew the answer to that. But for now, we'll just keep the peace by not stirring the waters. Hopefully the relationship between my brother and myself will be different.

No comments: